NEED OPINIONS!! Best coilovers for a SLAMMED db7??

NorthWest~Teg

Yeah I think Ima jus dump it on Koni/GC. I really dont wanna take my chances tryna cut and guess and check on springs. But I mean hell for that matter maybe Ill pick up a set of $60 egay coils and see what I can do with em ya know. Cut some big ole holes outta the strut towers and sit it low. Its a $700 Teg thats leakin out a quart of oil a week. And its automatic!! Haha soon as she offered me the car I knew it need to get low. You guys really think my goals are too crazy though? Ive seen a lot of guys draggin their s**t on the ground....

zack11122

I think it's a waste of 60 to slam a car that leaks a quart a week. Then when you want to fix it you can't lift if.

NorthWest~Teg

Well the Koni/GC option would be something that may come later if I decide to actually do some work to the car.

I think it's a waste of 60 to slam a car that leaks a quart a week. Then when you want to fix it you can't lift if.
You can def still get a car up thats slammed relatively easy. Just need to build a set of pyramids to drive up on to give you enough space to get a jack under it. At which point you can work on it or raise it up to get it on ramps or a lift.

NorthWest~Teg

Which is just stupid if you know you've got a nasty leak
Yeah unless you read all the previous posts and saw that I have a daily and this thing will get drivin maybe 100 miles a week max. And thats if I decide to say f**k it and not fix the leak before I drop it.

NorthWest~Teg

But since Im not swapping it Im most likely gonna pull the ls out and give it all new seals timing belt water pump.

Ryan659

Damn it guys, this is why we never get new comers on this site :rolf: but they're just giving the ol CI welcome to weed out the fucktards from the site.

But OP, fix the leak and do a moderate drop. Plenty of good cars are low as fuck and still functional. Take Dopematic for example (anybody going to argue against his?? Thought not :lol: )

Just do it nice and not fucking ghetto as shit. You gotta pay to play when doing it right.

And last but not least, we are photo whores here so post some damn pics in this thread! :welcome:

PioneerLS

I backroad hard with my car, and its pretty fucking low. The only time i scrape is when theres a decent sized bump mid turn or a dip when im going a decent speed on a straightaway. Im actually extremely surprised at how little i scrape, it's basically whats encouraged me to want to go further with it, aka buying a sway bar + subframe brace lol.

SoundEfx

If you don't care about the car cut the springs and save the money for the numerous oil pan and oil leak fixes you'll be doing.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
My Miata was pretty damn low when I got it. The engine splash guard would scrape on very small bumps. Bigger bumps would get the diffuser to scrape. It was a garage car until I bought it, now it's my DD. I've raised it up to a more practical level.

Once I was driving it slammed and came upon a small but abrupt elevation change when making a Michigan left. The front splitter scraped and bent one of the trunbuckles, which eventually broke and fell off. I still have to get another one so I can put the splitter back on the car.

NorthWest~Teg

Why is a slammed car useless? Im gonna fix the car because its something I want to have some fun with. Its just not a daily. Picked the car up btw MUCH cleaner then I originally expected!! If it wasnt an Auto I would probably build the s**t out of it but since its not I just wanna bring it back and make it nice to look at

NorthWest~Teg

I have already debated doing a 5 speed conversion but its really not worth the money and work to me, at least not in the near future. I really think Im just gonna clean it up real nice and have it for cruising with friends and what not, they dont all gotta be fast :) ha of course thats how I feel until the visual mods are done and I realize it isnt enough!!