New Motor Setup

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Is the broken hand going to slow your progress?
Nah, i'll be fine, won't work as fast as normally but i'll get it done, waiting for this block girdle is slowing my process, I can't even begin to put the bottom end together without it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That sucks, I think theres a guy out my way (20 minute drive) that can sleeve mine. Friend from work is getting is Firehawk worked on there.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That sucks, I think theres a guy out my way (20 minute drive) that can sleeve mine. Friend from work is getting is Firehawk worked on there.
I'm very iffy on people sleeving blocks, it's a hit or miss thing, it's either right or wrong and you never know until something happens. I've done golden eagle twice now and have had good results but I don't know about buying sleeves and having someone install them.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Do you send your block to GE??? I was looking at GE and Darton, if you send the block to GE I would lean towards them.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well I sent it to DFE but they sent it out to Golden Eagle, apparently golden eagle has all the blocks sent directly to their location in California to be sleeved.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm stilll trying to decide if I want to assemble the motor and just forget about using the block girdle.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
hope you got good engine mounts for that beast your building
You know whats funny, I don't, stock engine mounts, whats even better is i'll be starting it on a stock 58mm tb, a 2" greddy header and a crap n1 exhaust thats shot. Also on a P61 with a S100 with the same map I was running it on before as a 1.7 lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I need alot of stuff, but for now i'm just going to have to make due as it is, my wife and I are both out of work right now so I can't really be blowing money on stuff we don't need.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea it does. Shitty thing is that we don't have insurance now and she's supposed to have the baby in a month. Average delivery cost around 16,000. No new parts for me anytime soon.:lol: