3 studs left?

GSratedR

Rated R
so i was in the garage workng with a friend on his EK hatch. we were loosening the lugnuts and one of the nuts was on the thread so tight that it snapped off and now there are only 3 studs left.whoops:) we can still get the wheel off and now we just need to find the best way to go about fixing this, is it cheaper to find a used hub with all the studs or can we take off the old one and buy a new stud for it? any help would be wonderful thanks.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i'd rather spend like $3.00 and replace the stud. you can spot weld the rear of the stud on the hub for extra security, cause one time... the lug and stud were both spinning when i had my civic. had to grind the lug nut off.

GSratedR

Rated R
front pass. side
i was wondering if i could just pull it off at a junk yard so i dont have to weld.

GSratedR

Rated R
i dunno i always thougt it was all one part the studs and the round thing they are on.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you dont have to weld the stud in, its jus an extra precaution. but yea... going to the junk yard isn't necessary. you can order this part from napa and maybe at pepboys/kragen/autozone maybe...

around here we have a shop called rising sun. cheap import parts rated close to oem.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah jus go buy a new wheel stud. It jus kinda sucks cause you gotta take your whole hub thing off to press the new one in, cuz they press in from the back

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
i hate when studs break...my 240's front passenger side kept breaking, i replaced the hub and everything, been in the garage for a while now, put a V8 in it, dropped it on all 4's and noticed all the lug nuts wouldnt tighten up on the same front passenger side...so i dont know whats up with that.