GSR vs 2000 impreza 2.5rs

misterhmong

i was on my way home from work a few days ago. i noticed a silver impreza pulling up next to me at the light to the onramp to the highway. i didn't see a front mount so i figured he had a top mount or just stock. he revved at me and ill i heard was the mean growl of the boxer motor. so i new it was n/a. anyway. i just revved back and he just nodded. i was at about almost 3krpm and when the light hit green, he immediately pulled about a car on me, once i had traction and pulled into 2nd gear i started to catch up and toasting him as i got into 3rd and pushed all the way to redline and a little into 4th. i would have kept pulling but there was no point because he was no longer able to keep up. overall, the scooby n/a was all bark no bite. anyone with simular story?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Nice kill. I have one. I was coming back from the saturday night canyon meet/run in "The 'Bu" with my two friends. One was riding with me and the other was driving his stock (at the time) WRX. Anyways, just as we were coming back into town, we caught a red light. So my friend pulls up to the left of me in the scooby and starts revving. I'm thinking 'Oh man, I don't know if I can take him'; but I decided to play along and drag him to the next light (roughly 1/8th mile away). I see the light to the right of me change from green to yellow and I knew it was about to go down. I put her in 1st and revved up to 3.5k; getting ready for a hopefully decent launch. our light changed to green, I dropped the clutch, floored it, and hooked up nearly perfectly - my tires were nice and sticky from the canyons 10 min earlier. To my surprise, I actually pulled on him through 1st and 2nd and beat him to the next light by a car! Apparently my friend couldn't launch his subie for sh*t lol.
However, if we had kept going he most likely would have caught me before the top of 3rd.
So I guess it was a bit of driving skill levels and a lot of luck that helped me win, but I still beat a WRX hahaha

Btw engine mods were only an intake, 4-1 header, and exhaust on a B18c1.

Last edited:

misterhmong

nice kill, i haven't yet lined up with a wrx but skills are the way to go. anyway here are my mods.

b18c1
aemv2 cai
dc 4-1 headers
fidanza llight FW
exedy 3 puck clutch
street ecu retune(gone) ob2-obd1 conversion w/95gsr ecu spoon chipped
tanabe hyper medallion CB exhaust
that's about all for now if i remember, haven't done anything else for a long while now.

some minor looks mods.

I_rock_DC

\m/(-_-)\m/
my brother got a 2.5 rs i think the 05 model...or 04 not sure...but anyways...i raced him on the highway..rolling at 50 or so at 3rd gear...and he pulled off on me for a good bit then we was head up all the way up to 5th gear....i have a stock gs with a cai..haha...he got the 2.5 rs bc it was 0.5 more than the wrx or whatever..he's planning on getting it turbo...sounds like a beast...i dig the subby growl sound.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
not you first story lol my bad! didnt feel like quoting!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Apparently my friend couldn't launch his subie for sh*t lol.
Nice! You have no idea how many people out there don't have a clue how to launch their Subies. I don't even own one, & I'd bet $1,000 i could launch better than most the drivers out there. One guy with a WRX shredded his 1st gear a couple months ago.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Yeah man a lot of people I know who have/had subies relied WAAAYYY to much on the car's ability and didn't develop their skills well enough to actually handle the car. Pretty sad lol

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Yeah, everyone thinks the best way to launch an AWD is to just pop the clutch @ a high rpm. Sure, it feels faster cuz it throws you in the seat, but it's A LOT slower. I've only seen & talked to a select few people who actually know how & can launch their AWD's.

Hell, last night a guy with an AWD Eagle Talon TSi that knows how to launch like a pro wanted to run my Jetta through 1st gear because he said I had the best launch he'd seen from a FWD. :D

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Yeah they don't realize how badly they're bogging down their car haha. Hey props to you though for that talon guy's comment! Did you end up racing him?

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Well my launch was very in-consistent. I had like 3 bad launches & then 1 amazing professional 1.9 60' launch! :lol: Naw, I was scared. I knew he's out-launch me, because i'm in-consistent & my clutch was over-heated and slipping too much for racing.

teggy2281

nice kill! but if that 2.5rs had a turbo and a swap, he would've beaten you. i have a buddy with a 01 2.5rs 2dr swapped with just a regular wrx motor and that thing is quick as fcuk. but good job in beating it though :thumbs up: