Breather Filters? Crankcase Breathers?

we all family here anyways man! i just get the names confused. i know what im talking about but i dont know what its called or i get it confused with a part it connects to lol!
just remember the shin bone is connected to the Knee bone :)

I love this forum.. one of the best ones out there.. such a tight nit family and we can have different opinions and not argue about it..

I'm glad I found this forum.

Surferman

good info.
so when you take the little tube(from the intake to the crankcase or whatever), you put it on the engine, and you just cover up the hole in the intake? or put another one on there? lol..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Speaking of catch cans, I forgot that I have one. Lol!

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
im thinking about getting one. but all the ones i see make the bay look really tacky so ill have to figure out how to make it less noticable.

its basically just giving it its own filter, when its sucks air through the hose its getting filtered air from the intake, so you just taking off the hose, plugging the hole and giving the valve cover its own filter
...To my knowledge, that tube that you're referring to isn't an air intake at all, it's a vent to allow vapors to be released so the crankcase doesn't build too much pressure. It's piped back into the intake for environmental reasons. It's the same logic that gives us evap canisters. Putting that filter there is just for looks.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
here in nova were allowed to pass the vent filters now for emissions tests, they used to be an instant flunk. theres no real purpose to them, mainly an extra maintance item. i have one on mine just becaus i think it looks neat, cali is strict as all get out, i don't see how you guys manage over there. cant you just say your hood wont open? lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
...To my knowledge, that tube that you're referring to isn't an air intake at all, it's a vent to allow vapors to be released so the crankcase doesn't build too much pressure. It's piped back into the intake for environmental reasons. It's the same logic that gives us evap canisters. Putting that filter there is just for looks.
To sum up what you just said, it's called the PCV pipe. Positive Crankcase Ventilation.