friend has problems with his teggy

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well my buddy has a 97 integra gs b18b1 motor and it will run like a dream when the engine is cold but will hesitate and bog on him after it reaches normal operating temp....has anyone else had these problems??

he also just got a full tune up (plugs,wires,fuel filter,rotor,cap,etc)

we took to autozone to see what cel codes he had...a bad MAP sensor code came up and we replaced it but no difference

Last edited:

SBUK

I also have this problem, someone said o2 sensor in this forum but i havent checked it yet, im glad its a common thing as i thought mine was an was 'special' lol

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well i just replaced his o2 when he bought the car because it needed a new one...so you could count that out...he doesnt know much about cars...so im just trying to help him out as much as i can

someone told me ignition control module or coil

L_Acura_S

Give it some time I had the same issue for a bit then after a while my cel came on. My CYP sensor was failing. Replaced the dizzy, and it ran amazing.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
update: now it hesitates almost all of the time now...but does it worse when the engine gets to normal temp.

thanks for the ideas...it could be the distributor

do you guys think it could be the fuel pump? it still hums when you turn the ignition on but its quiet

Last edited:

oodie

Most time Coil in distributor goes out. Try a new coil or swap distributors. Also with Map code check wires for cuts or anything in them. I have noticed that most harness over time crack often making it throw code

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i asked autozone if the coil was bad and they said it would throw and misfiring code if it was

but ill check it out...i might take the distributor out of my car and put it on his to see if it fixes it

oodie

i asked autozone if the coil was bad and they said it would throw and misfiring code if it was

but ill check it out...i might take the distributor out of my car and put it on his to see if it fixes it
One thing i have learned from autozone or advance dont listen to them guys unless you know them personally. Most them have no clue whats going on. I had same problem a while back swapped distributors and it solved it.