Short shifters... Worth it?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Is it really worth it to get a short shifter for $100 that is brand name or buy a bs eBay one for $6?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
spend the money on the brand name... unless you like your shifter breaking in half while you drive... everyone will give you a different opinion though

I've had the cheap ones and the nice one. I can say from experience, get the name brand one. There won't be nearly as much play in the shifter and it'll have more precise shifts. A good one makes it almost fun to shift through the gears.

heykosal

Angkorian
Shit it's fun rowing through the gears short shifter or not.

But like Adel said, get the name brand one. I've seen short shifters break before in videos. In in person my boy's short shifter broke off right in his hand during the 1-2 shift.

Last edited:

hondaproof

hondaproof
the short shifter that came with my da just broke two days ago,in the middle of an intersection! im getting a b&m

Kevin97

b&m's r awesome..my friends got one too...i just bought the skunk2 and i love it..def worth the 100 bucks

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I actually traded a 92 525i for my teg and the guy I traded with became my friend. He's got ARP head studs and a B&M short shifter he's getting rid of.

Picking up the short shifter for $25 8)

DCwiznat99

I actually traded a 92 525i for my teg and the guy I traded with became my friend. He's got ARP head studs and a B&M short shifter he's getting rid of.

Picking up the short shifter for $25 8)

thats a steal, ( take that shit and RUN!)

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I'm aware. I was at OneSixMotorsports near my place (aftermarket parts shop... pretty bad ass) and they had the same one for $115 or something and I was like oh my lord let's get this deal going!!

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
DO IT! i have a B&M and energy suspension shifter bushings I LOVE IT! everyone that drives my car loves it too!

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
only the guys who help me work on it which is 2 people lol! one used ot do the pikes peak hill climb and the other does autocross

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I had one, went back to stock. I do have urethane bushings, feels smooth.

I had a Fidanza, which was the last thing I will ever buy from them.