Top'd out @ 120

jznsn2u

I took a road trip with my brother back down to our home town San Diego. We took the I5 all the way down from norcal. As some of you know the I5 from after Hayward -> La is a two lane high. We left at night around 12 and there wasn't any traffic. We we're traveling fairly light with only 2 small duffel bags, our laptops, tool bag, tall cans of arizona tea & a big bag of lays bbq chips.

I've driven back and forth from norcal -> socal a couple times and I'm not saying I speed every single time but I have noticed with my integra I top out at 120mph. Fuel cuts off. It's like blue balls, I know my integra could go faster.

My Question is - Do you guys also have fuel cut off @ 120mph? Please don't go out and try it just because of me and my question. What can I do to take off the cock block restriction?
engine specs-
-94 ls. b18c sir & lsd tranny. sri & sir-g muffler.

If there really isn't anything I could do about it, I don't think its a really big deal to live with this restriction, It's not like I drive over 100mph all the time. But I would like to know everyone else's integra high speed achievements and what upgrades you have. (without getting caught :roll:) Thanks for your time in advanced.

Rude People I met on my journey back home- :rolf:

-4 door cobolt wanted some japanese sushi and I gave him a taste of that wasabi. We were at a 90 roll. He jumped on me and I floored it after making sure there were no cops. If I we had to guestimate my bro and I would say we got about 2 or 3 car lengths until we got back to civilization.
-Civic si ep3 - Lowered, Exhaust - looked like a greddy, Driver only. - We had no idea he wanted to race, me n my bro we're having a singing marathon with our journey cd. No homo, its a filipino thing. He honked but we didn't hear him until his last honk. He jumped on us @ around 80mph, I downshifted to 4th and I was like @ 7k rpm I was like :shock: Oh shit. shifted to 5th but I was about half a car length behind him. that punk ass didn't want to race me again. and he had the advantage -_-. Jerk.
-FA civic wanted to bust a top gun flyby on me and I didn't want that to happen so I dipped on him, Hilarious.
-Dc integra also wanted to bust a top gun flyby on me and again, didn't want that to happen so yep.
-I got boxed in by semitrucks. Rude Bitches.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
You top out at 120, is that redline in 5th?

Ive ran my buddy with a B16 tranny with LS motor and he couldnt keep up at higher speeds because of the shorter gears. I stopped at 144. I didnt hit fuel cut yet and it scared the crap out of me so I didnt wanna go faster.

jznsn2u

when the fuel cut off it scared the crap out of me X_X. GJ 144 is BEAST for an n/a teg. And no i don't think i hit red line. I still have the ls cluster, i don't want to change it because I want to keep the chassis mileage in check.

Last edited:

jznsn2u

does anyone else have any idea why I can't keep up with Coy :p?

corona88

The fastest I've gone is the top of forth. I dont really look to see what it is when driving typically I'm looking by how many buses I beat the other car by and of course the air/fuel.......btw im turbo'd just in case you were wondering why I dont go into 5, 5th gear boost will destroy your engine if not built lol

red.line

Why do you feel the need to go any faster? Especially on public roads?
Acceleration/Handling>>>Straight line top speed

dc2darkness

Havent even been close to that speed in my teg but, on back country roads my friend took his evo 9 out and he hit 183 before he had to slow down for a turn.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've had my teg to 165, I like strait line speed. As for your limiter, I guess it depends what ecu your using, I though a lot of newer jdm ecus had speed limiters.

jznsn2u

I don't really feel the need to go any faster I was just wondering why is my car being restricted. Don't forget Autobahn is a public road and they go way faster then any of our integra's could dream of :p

red.line

I don't really feel the need to go any faster I was just wondering why is my car being restricted. Don't forget Autobahn is a public road and they go way faster then any of our integra's could dream of :p
It's being restricted because Acura said so.
The Autobahn is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

heykosal

Angkorian
5th gear boost will destroy your engine if not built lol
Why do you say that?
We all agree that acceleration and road-holding is more important and more fun than all out speed, but that isn't the point of this thread.
I've had my teg to 165, I like strait line speed. As for your limiter, I guess it depends what ecu your using, I though a lot of newer jdm ecus had speed limiters.
Really? I thought our car's didn't have any kind of speed limiter other than topping out in 5th or being drag limited..
Yeah but the Autobahn is on another continent, and while there are still vast sections that are still unrestricted, a lot of the highway now has speed limits, many times 130 kph(81 mph).
And the unrestricted sections have a recommended speed of 130 kph, but they're just that, recommendation.