This Is Why I Don't Agree With Turbos On RSX/Integra!

JGvtec

Is this going to be one of those threads where the OP never comes back to check post and we just keep chatting? :lol:

It was stupid for the guy in the rsx to run his rsx like that. Its not even tuned and your going to try and run it out at the track stupid. :roll: x3

Prozon

Kris
Define blow up. A turbocharged engine that isn't tuned can detonate, pistons and rods can break. You don't see that as much with a non-turbo charged engine.

Prozon

Kris
I agree haha. Although I've seen some pretty bad cars that HAD turbos. Like an old volvo, I think with a turbo it makes like 100hp lol.

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Define blow up. A turbocharged engine that isn't tuned can detonate, pistons and rods can break. You don't see that as much with a non-turbo charged engine.
Lol. Guess a definition might be in order. I'm talking about pistons shooting through the engine block. Stuff like that. Can't say I've seen many "blow up" as in literally blow up and catch on fire. Should have said "blown" rather than "blown up." Blame it on finals week. My mind's shot. I should also point out that I've seen a lot more NA cars run than turbo cars so my statistics will probably be skewed. :roll:

corona88

if its bad to boost an integra and will blow up, then why do my friends and I have turbo'd hondas that have lasted at least 2yrs+ beating the living hell out of them.....you fail OP but hey since you dont have a boosted car I guess you have to make fun of people that can have one hahahaha

mirrorimg

You can still detonate and blow the motor with a N/A motor. High compression + lean condition will do the same thing.

Or you can over-rev and stretch your rod bolts, or get valve float and snap some valves off. But thats with any motor.

Prozon

Kris
I know, but as I said you don't see a N/A motor do that as much. I think it's mostly because you have to put a lot more into a N/A to be doing that, running lean and making higher compression.

Any idiot can slap a turbo on their engine without a tune, and thanks to eBay it doesn't even cost much.

This is why I don't agree with people making posts based on one example of something that they have witnessed without researching further into the subject...