rev all the way to 8k???

Carlos231

white94rs!
so i have a gsr motor and then i bought a tranny separately....the guy said that it was a gsr tranny but it is in a ls case...when i drive my gsr around i can drive it and rev it all the way to 8k..if it was an ls it wouldnt be able to rev all the way to 8k right? so if i drive around and red line it to 8k it is a gsr tranny right?

Thanks

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you could only tell by the number on the block. who knows just by revving it. you could have an ls and a chipped ecu that can rev to 8 which will result in engine failure.

as for the tranny, put it in 5th and go 70mph. let us know the rpm.
the tranny doesnt regulate how high the engine revs.

Carlos231

white94rs!
you could only tell by the number on the block. who knows just by revving it. you could have an ls and a chipped ecu that can rev to 8 which will result in engine failure.

as for the tranny, put it in 5th and go 70mph. let us know the rpm.
the tranny doesnt regulate how high the engine revs.
hey coy, in 5th at 70mph it revs at 3300...

Cripton805

hey coy, in 5th at 70mph it revs at 3300...
I have a GSR and I think I'm at 3500+

I don't keep track... I think he ripped you off. Damn I feel bad for U dude. :shock:
You can still go up to 8k, but it will take longer.

It won't make a difference except you'll lose performance. You'll save gas though. lol

Carlos231

white94rs!
I have a GSR and I think I'm at 3500+

I don't keep track... I think he ripped you off. Damn I feel bad for U dude. :shock:
You can still go up to 8k, but it will take longer.

It won't make a difference except you'll lose performance. You'll save gas though. lol
yea cus im hitting 70 at 3300 rpm in 5th? so idk if i should call him back and tell him

Cripton805

yea cus im hitting 70 at 3300 rpm in 5th? so idk if i should call him back and tell him
wait until someone else can vouch for that.

anyway. It doesn't matter anymore since it's already installed.
You're willing to take it apart?
The casing itself would have thrown me off.
I bet he listed it on Craigs as a GSR tranny and then after he told you it was in an LS casing right?

How much was it?

Carlos231

white94rs!
wait until someone else can vouch for that.

anyway. It doesn't matter anymore since it's already installed.
You're willing to take it apart?
The casing itself would have thrown me off.
I bet he listed it on Craigs as a GSR tranny and then after he told you it was in an LS casing right?

How much was it?
i paid 4 bills for it he was this one mechanic old guy and he guranteed it was a gsr tranny...yea he said gsr then he said after internal were gsr...i could take it off but idk if too call him and tell him that it isnt a gsr tranny

Cripton805

i paid 4 bills for it he was this one mechanic old guy and he guranteed it was a gsr tranny...yea he said gsr then he said after internal were gsr...i could take it off but idk if too call him and tell him that it isnt a gsr tranny
Like I said. Wait for someone else to vouch for that.

Can be true? Maybe...

Google the tests or something.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Lol for some reason I can't wait for blue to respond to this. Listen to coy he knows his shizznit

alex14

VEEEETTAAAAKKKK!!! lol
does this sound accurate?? -->http://www.itrsport.com/specifications.html
it has at what rpms u should be and what speed with different trannys..at 1st im redlining im at 38-39mph so idk?could be gsr
The chart is accurate. 1st and 2nd gear in the LS and GSR transmissions are the same. In other words, if you revved a GSR to 8000 in first, it will go the same speed as an LS at 8000 in first.

I have a GSR and I am revving about 3600 at 70mph.

Unless he has swapped a LS 5th gear into a GSR trans, I doubt its a GSR.

mjones73

Basically my GSR trans works out to the following in 5th gear, 20MPH for every 1000RPM, so at 60MPH, I'm doing 3000RPM and at 80MPH I'm doing 4000RPM. You should be at 3500RPM at 70MPH. Check your RPM at 60 and 80 and let us know.

You 100 percent sure you have a GSR motor too? It should be stamped B18C1 on the block.

Carlos231

white94rs!
Basically my GSR trans works out to the following in 5th gear, 20MPH for every 1000RPM, so at 60MPH, I'm doing 3000RPM and at 80MPH I'm doing 4000RPM. You should be at 3500RPM at 70MPH. Check your RPM at 60 and 80 and let us know.

You 100 percent sure you have a GSR motor too? It should be stamped B18C1 on the block.

yea man i have a b18c1, just that the tranny has ls casing...but it says s80 on it...and im around 3700 at 80 or 38 somwhere around there..but if it were to be an ls tranny its still koo if i take it to 8k right??