LS/VTEC build 250+ HP without Boost, is it possible?

IsAlwaysBroken

All Stock
A friend and I got into a small quarll over some civil engine facts and were trying to figure out if you can make an LS/VTEC GSR build put down 250+ HP WITHOUT boost. Can it be done?

OsamaBinHidden

possible? yes but it gonna cost $$$ your going have to have a fully built bottom end, high compression, aggressive cam, and a good head.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
When I had my ls/v I hit 249 n/a my build was:

B18b bottom end with eagle rods, 82.5mm CTR 12.0 c/r pistons acl race bearings

B16b head ported and polished three angle valve job Brian Crower springs, retainers, 1mm os flat top intake valves, .5mm os flat top exhaust valves, Brian Crower stage 1 n/a cams.

440cc injectors, victor x manifold, hondata im gasket, 70mm throttle body, 8.5lb fidanza flywheel, spec2 clutch, walbro 255 fuel pump, blox fuel rail and fpr, accell high output ignition coil, replica hytec header and custom 2.5" exhaust with vibrant muffler.

Arp head, rod, and main bolts, and other miscellaneous gaskets and shit were OEM

I will have my wife search for my dyno sheet I'm in Korea right now so kinda iffy if she will find it.

Prozon

Kris
Dynojet or bust.

IsAlwaysBroken, yeah- it could probably be done. But you'll be running high compression, and high octane fuel. Either bored over or sleeved. You would be getting to that point where you're better off running a turbo so you're not forced to run race fuel lol.

I feel like this website is having cycles of specific questions. At one point everyone asks "What do I need to boost?" then the next is "What do I need to make ridiculous numbers N/A?" Well it's been answered, run a search..

With high enough compression and high enough octane, you could manage that number. :thumbs up

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
It was a mustang dyno so I am sure it was off a little but it still pulled damn good

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
When I had my ls/v I hit 249 n/a my build was:

B18b bottom end with eagle rods, 82.5mm CTR 12.0 c/r pistons acl race bearings

B16b head ported and polished three angle valve job Brian Crower springs, retainers, 1mm os flat top intake valves, .5mm os flat top exhaust valves, Brian Crower stage 1 n/a cams.

440cc injectors, victor x manifold, hondata im gasket, 70mm throttle body, 8.5lb fidanza flywheel, spec2 clutch, walbro 255 fuel pump, blox fuel rail and fpr, accell high output ignition coil, replica hytec header and custom 2.5" exhaust with vibrant muffler.

Arp head, rod, and main bolts, and other miscellaneous gaskets and shit were OEM

I will have my wife search for my dyno sheet I'm in Korea right now so kinda iffy if she will find it.
Brian Crower does not make a stage one cam to my knowledge. I would have a hard time even believing a BC stage 2 cammed engine would hit that number. Guess once again it all depends on how it was calibrated.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i suggest that you should choose to do a b20 vtec as higher lift cams will like more displacement, skunk2 pro2 have dyno'd at 275whp with a b20 vtec.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
its really not that had to do...as long as you have high compression, high lift/duration cams, good bolt ons, followed by a good tuner you can accomplish it...

King motorsports has made 280whp all motor on a still "streetable" motor

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Compression ratio? Compression ratio? Fuel?

I need specs man! :lol:
This is the specs on their motor build - it is their "stage 2 - pump Gas"

Name: B-series 95 2.2 Ultra performance pump gas-2

B Series 2.2 Litre

All Motor

Bore: 85.5mm

Stroke: 95mm

Octane: 93

Head Mods: KingMotorsports competition CNC head package and
build, degreed cams

Cams: Skunk2 Pro 2's

Pistons: Wiseco