02 type s vs 06 basic (same price)?

nigori

Would you guys buy a 2002 type S rather than a 2006 base model, which also has about 10k fewer miles, both are listed for the same price.

Thanks.

DC_Five_Earl

Would you guys buy a 2002 type S rather than a 2006 base model, which also has about 10k fewer miles, both are listed for the same price.

Thanks.
It's personal preference. Do you want a little more kick or do you want it just for the looks?

mirrorimg

Keep in mind the first years of the RSX had some bugs. Not sure if they ever fixed them, but I would look into it, specifically transmission problems.

DC_Five_Earl

Keep in mind the first years of the RSX had some bugs. Not sure if they ever fixed them, but I would look into it, specifically transmission problems.
mine had 2nd and 3rd gear problems. recently got the trans pulled under warranty. 3rd is fixed from popping out now and 2nd rarely grinds.:drive:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Transmission is a common issue in all RSX.

Personally, I'd rather have a Type S than base as long as the mileage is within reason.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
The 02 TypeS is gonna be funner to drive because, well it's the TypeS version. You get the K20A2 which is notably better than the base models. But then again, the 06's are nice ass cars. But if it were me, i'd choose typeS. Power > Looks all day

DC_Five_Earl

The 02 TypeS is gonna be funner to drive because, well it's the TypeS version. You get the K20A2 which is notably better than the base models. But then again, the 06's are nice ass cars. But if it were me, i'd choose typeS. Power > Looks all day

Function

RedBullTEG

the 2006 is four years newer than the 2002. So theres that to consider. I just bought an '06 Type-S. Lovin it

michaelz

Personally I would choose the 02 Type S over a 06 base.

It looks pretty much the same apart from the lights and the K20A is a sweet motor. Revs much more cleanly than any B engine. I quite like the zenki lights TBH and don't know why so many on RSX club bother with the late spec lights update. Especially if they only do the fronts but not the back.

If you don't care about performance and just want a newer car then the 06 base would be the better bet.