06 RSX Base

nelson215

Hey guys I'm a new member here, thinking about joining the Acura game. I know the 1st gen RSX-s is known to have the 2nd gear pop-out, but is the 2nd gen (specifically the 06) base RSX known to have any issues? I'm currently looking at an 06 5 speed, so i wanted to make sure I have knowledge of any problems.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Hey guys I'm a new member here, thinking about joining the Acura game. I know the 1st gen RSX-s is known to have the 2nd gear pop-out, but is the 2nd gen (specifically the 06) base RSX known to have any issues? I'm currently looking at an 06 5 speed, so i wanted to make sure I have knowledge of any problems.
My dad is an acura salesmen and the only time an rsx has come in for repairs is when the driver sucks and drops into into 2nd and blows the motor other than that I haven't heard of any problems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah im sure it'll be fine. Base rsx is just to look pretty. :rolf: Rsx drivers dont know how to shift properly, thats why it pops out. :mrgreen:

XjoEnX

I've never heard of that issue in the RSX. But as the saying goes, it ain't how you stand by your car, it's how you race your.... wait wait wait wrong advice. It's probably drivers who don't treat their cars well and race the shit out of it since 2nd gear is the first shift point after launch and racer's typically pound the shifter into.

OLDSKOOLACURA

I've never heard of that issue in the RSX. But as the saying goes, it ain't how you stand by your car, it's how you race your.... wait wait wait wrong advice. It's probably drivers who don't treat their cars well and race the shit out of it since 2nd gear is the first shift point after launch and racer's typically pound the shifter into.
Lmao.

Also I have never heard of 2nd gear popping out also

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nelson215

Maybe I'm wrong about the 2nd gear pop out, but I know there is an issue with the 1st gen rsx's transmission. All i'm asking though is if you guys have heard of tranny issues with the 06 5 speed.