17x7 track use

92GSRneedswork

ive been offered a set of 17x7, and generally i like 16s or 15s, and i no more rubber is more grip, but a second set to put R-comps on for a track weekend would be sweet, is the performance that much of difference when r-comps are part of the equation

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
do you track often? and Spoon, and Sportscar Motion use 17x8 wheels with 255 front wheels. If you dont track often i dont suggest r compounds. Or rather are you intermediate to advanced because Bigmac88 and I dont use R compounds yet because of their unpredictability

92GSRneedswork

do you track often? and Spoon, and Sportscar Motion use 17x8 wheels with 255 front wheels. If you dont track often i dont suggest r compounds. Or rather are you intermediate to advanced because Bigmac88 and I dont use R compounds yet because of their unpredictability
well things are just coming into play as far as starting to build my car for track use only, im essentially in intermediate class in SCCA, but that is coming from beginner, why do you believe them to be unpredictable? but the idea is that my car is still going to b street legal for awhile, so i just wanted a second set to swap them out when the time to use rcomps presents itself

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
non r compounds will let you know before they give and let you spin, R compounds wont, they will just sucker punch you while the high performance sumer tires will just talk shit before they give