1990 Da9 *2lgt2qt*

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
Just ordered flowmaster cat back exhaust kit and tein high tech springs to raise my teg back up about an inch :) and just noticed ysterday that I also have skunk2 upper control arms :D I love finding out that I have stuff already that I was gonna have to spend money on!

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
"Slow death of a teggie"

Drove my car to advanced today to buy new temp sensor. Got there started checking out my fan motor relays (radiator fans were'nt turning on and car was over heating as well as not starting all the time) Tried to turn the car on and would'nt start. Nothing new. I usually let it sit for 15 minutes and it starts. 5 hours later after starting it several times and having it die right away, it started and stayed. I straight wired one of the fans to the battery and drove home. Now my brake lights are also stuck on and have to leave the battery unplugged. Also, my radiator is completely full of air and isn't sucking any water. Aaaaaand my hood has come misaligned again and tore up the paint job on one of my fenders. All this in one day? I wish I had wrecked it, at least I could have gotten the insurance claim from it.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
With the process of trying to fix my car, several good things have come about. I finally stopped being cheap and bout some ngk plug wires (thought it might fix my starting problem but didn't :( ). The car was sitting so I went ahead and painted my valve cover (will post pics as soon as it stops raining here ) I've replaced a lot of the electronic stuff (good for re sale if i find a cheap 3rd gen) and when its running again, it "should" (hopefully) run well for a while :)

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
So I finally finished working on my friends 1980 Chevy C10 and got him to a point where he can finish the engine swap himself, and I decided to put my flowmaster axle back (damn listing said cat back and apperently the store got its info from flowmaster so flowmaster doesn't know what they sell) on this morning. I went to unbolt the exhaust where it connects above the axle and one bolt came off fine and then *BAM* I snapped the second one :( It appears that the bolts on the cat side are attached to the flange........ Is that true? If so that's where the bolt is broken off in. :( Please somebody tell me that I don't have to buy the whole piece from my cat to my axle!

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
Just finished putting on my flowmaster axle back kit :) took about three days longer than it should have cause I broke a bolt off in one of those flanges and had to cut the nut off with a dremel :( whatever. its done! I'll post pics tonight.....

kikkoman23

Skunk2 Springs

I currently have Eibach pro kits on my DB2...but not low enough...Hows the ride with your skunk2's ?? I'm thinking of puttung them on my ride?? Do you have coilovers in yours??

thanks

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I don't have after market struts. With my 17s the ride sucks! The springs are just about perfect. They are stiff as anything. I have brand new Tein High Techs that I was going to put on but I don't have the time to do it and I really need some cash. If you want those PM me. I'll let em go for $150. They are supposed to be waaaay better than skunk 2s

oldskool90

no clue

so ive got a 1990 ls integra this afternoon it was approx 115 degrees outside and i was crusin along i stopped at the bank and when i came out my car wouldn't crank it was turnin over but its like it wasn't getting gas now this has happened before but i always thought it was vapor lock ive had this gen 2 for its whole life now and i can say that the reg maintenance has been kept up now i let it sit four about 5 hrs and tried to drive it home i made it but not with out the car stalling once and then making a gurgling sound then sputtering out it was almost like i have trash in my lines because i had to e bake it and rev it up before it would catch again any suggestions before i take it to the doctor for a huge bill?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
so ive got a 1990 ls integra this afternoon it was approx 115 degrees outside and i was crusin along i stopped at the bank and when i came out my car wouldn't crank it was turnin over but its like it wasn't getting gas now this has happened before but i always thought it was vapor lock ive had this gen 2 for its whole life now and i can say that the reg maintenance has been kept up now i let it sit four about 5 hrs and tried to drive it home i made it but not with out the car stalling once and then making a gurgling sound then sputtering out it was almost like i have trash in my lines because i had to e bake it and rev it up before it would catch again any suggestions before i take it to the doctor for a huge bill?
sounds like your main fuel relay. Get a haynes' manual and a multimeter and it tells you how to check to see if your main relay is bad before you blow $85 on a new one. Do you have spark? If not, it could be wiring, distributor (entire thing, cap, rotor, ignition control module or something else), plug wires, spark plugs. If it doesn't even turn over, it could be your starter. I kinda mentioned those in the backward order you should check but yaaaa

Noizboy

Here's a page to checck out for your main relay. The soldier connections go bad. I just resoldiered mine yesterday. Took me all of 5 min including warming the iron up. It usually happens when it's hot. The connections expand and loose contact. I'm seeing alot of people with this now it's getting hot out. It's a piece of cake. http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelay.htm

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
Here's a page to checck out for your main relay. The soldier connections go bad. I just resoldiered mine yesterday. Took me all of 5 min including warming the iron up. It usually happens when it's hot. The connections expand and loose contact. I'm seeing alot of people with this now it's getting hot out. It's a piece of cake. http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelay.htm
How hard was it for you to get your main relay out? I cant get my hand up underneath the dash far enough to reach it. I know where it is, i know how to do it but I can't reach the dang thing :shock:

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I've decided to keep my integra. It's not selling so I don't have much of a choice but I'm kinda excited. I'm going to tear it down, do a weight reduction, do the suspension right, do a little body work maybe some jdm stuff, and some engine work or engine swap.

So I've got some questions, should I do an engine swap or should I just work with b18a1?