1991 integra need to read codes

mr.brashear

hi there im a new acura owner and new to this site. Well i bought a 1991 gs for 400 bucks i replaced the carpet fixed the cowl leak, now i have to put in a new heater motor and fix the power steering. The only other problem is the idle is high now i know it could b alot of things but i would like to figure out which wires to jump in order to flash the codes on my ecu, so i have a better idea where the problem is coming from. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

mr.brashear

i cant seem to find any awsers on any forums about jumping the wires and reading the codes ive heard about it but i dont know what wires and how i jump them to get the codes to flash on this car

emd513

just pull your ecu off and turn the ignition switch to the on position and count how many times the light flashes and if there are more than one code than there will be a pause between them. any thing other than that you will have to take it to a shop and they charge like 75 bucks for the first hour,

Goonmonster88

no jumping

for the 1990-1991 tegs you dont have to jump anything the 1992-1993s you do

idoke

hi there im a new acura owner and new to this site. Well i bought a 1991 gs for 400 bucks i replaced the carpet fixed the cowl leak, now i have to put in a new heater motor and fix the power steering. The only other problem is the idle is high now i know it could b alot of things but i would like to figure out which wires to jump in order to flash the codes on my ecu, so i have a better idea where the problem is coming from. if anyone can help i would appreciate it.
Look for the idle/air control valve. You can adjust it by using a flat head screw driver. It should be in/by the intake manifold.

mr.brashear

well thank you for the info guys, and yes i did adjust the screw all the way in and the idle is at 1200 rpms

mr.brashear

well i pulled back the carpet and turned the key to the on position and the red light blinked once real fast then no more blinks does anybody have any ideas