1992 GS clutch cable adjustment issues

integra-dude

After adjusting the cable to the Haynes manual spec., the car still creeps with the car running, in gear and the clutch pedal depressed. While the engine is running it is very hard to get into gear, this is also is the case while driving. The pedal seems very sensitive at the top, seems to disengage very quickly when depressed. Is the clutch just shot or is it fixable by adjusting the cable?

How many miles on the clutch? It might just be at the end of it's life span.
Check to make sure the bracket for the cable at the trans isn't bent.

Tepa510

the same thing happened to me after i finished replacing my clutch. what i did is i completely losened the nut and started from there. i did one turn at a time until my gears entered softly. at first i couldnt get it in gear and when they did, they went in hard. couldnt get it to go in reverse either. just take your time adjusting it.

lopez1er

I had the same issue and what I did it fixed how the clutch cable was routed and it goes into gear good now but now I'm getting this rattling noise after doing it.....anyone might know wat it is cuz I keep checking n I don't wanna put the cable back the way it was cuz it was hard to find gears

Johnnyda9

Just replaced my clutch with no problem but I'm having issues driving my gears go in and I can move forward and backward but when I try to drive it starts jerking an I tighten the cable almost all the way and the rubber piece came off could the clutch cable be bad now 92 da9 b20b