1992 Integra LS - No power from 500-2500 RPM

mad_dog

Hey guys,

Been on the forum browsing for a couple years. Bought my 92 LS in fall 2008 and have been in love with it ever since. No problems whatsoever until today.

I picked up some engine degreaser today, went to the self car wash and sprayed down the engine block and most of the compartment with the degreaser, let it sit for 10 mins, then rinsed it off. Drove the car home (bout 5 mins away) and was running totally fine. I let it sit for about 2 hours before I headed out again.

The car started just fine as it usually does, but as soon as I put it in first and let the clutch out and hit the throttle, it was lugging really hard and had very little power up until 2500 rpm where it kicked in a little harder. Drove to the field, parked it and it sat for an hour. An hour later, started it to head home, it had even less power in the 500-2500 range, barely made it home the 10 min drive, and the engine light came on while going up a slight hill.

Brought it home, popped the hood and decided to pull the plugs out of the head. After turning off the car, the engine light has now gone off. They had a considerable amount of moisture on the wire stems that go down into the block, and it looked like it might have been damp down in the block around the plugs. I'm wondering if this is just a case that some water seeped into the spark plugs and is causing loss of power because I pressure washed the block, or if there could be a more serious problem from either the water or the degreaser I sprayed on the engine.

I hope somebody can give me some insight. Sorry for the long post but I figured a bit of context was necessary. Thanks guys!

ryukkid

beep beep
It might be the water in the plugs cause lost of power or water in the connections let it sit for tonight and see if the problem still there tomorrow

mad_dog

Looks like water was the issue. I took the plug wires off from the distibutor as well to dry, and that seemed to bring thing back to normal. Thanks for the reply!

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Seems to be you had it figured out yourself! Good critical thinking, I've seen this issue and many not even think about that till pages later lol.

DroolinBuddie

lol that happened to me too...but in my case i accidently sprayed the distributor :x... waited at work till it dried then drove off fine haha, tricky part about cleaning your engine bay...gotta make sure everything is dry and done before going...