1993 integra keeps shutting off

henry75

hey guys,

My car turns off as soon as it turns on. They only way I can get to stay on is if I hold down on the gas at the same time I turn it on. Not sure what is causing this. Please help

ls-v90

Does its only happen from a cold start? You need to be more specific. Are any components old or need to be replaced? Its could be a charging system problem, sparks or fuel.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
iac valve, possible vacuum leak, or map sensor problem. But if it does it just when starting up I would say the iac valve.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
First things first check your starting system. First thing I would check out i s the alternator.

DAteggy93

or could be bad injectors or a clog in the fuel lines.....all of the things we are telling you could be the problem

DA9Mappy

NOOB
my auto shop teacher always told me to start with the simple things first so you don't go and spend money on unnecessary parts.

Check your battery by that I mean have it tested.( I doubt this is the problem though)

Then check your main relay (Had this happen before I was about to replace my fuel pump untill a buddy told me it might be the main relay switched it problem was solved)

Like stated above check and clean all vacuum lines

check the alternator ( easy way is to start the car and remove the battery but since yours wont start you can take it off and have it tested)

This taking apart and testing of every thing might seem like a hassle but it may save you money and time by starting from the basics up.