2006 horsepower

nigori

Is the 2006 engine actually less powerful?? (155 vs 160 hp for the non-type-S) Is the 2005 better?

nigori

What about this, from

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/rsx/review.html

"The base RSX came standard with the majority of convenience features expected for this class of car. Highlights included automatic climate control, power windows and mirrors, keyless entry, cruise control, a CD player and a moonroof. A smooth-revving four-cylinder was standard, and it came mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automatic. The base RSX initially produced 160 horsepower, but new SAE horsepower ratings in 2006 changed the number to 155. Leather seating was the only option."

DC_Five_Earl

What about this, from

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/rsx/review.html

"The base RSX came standard with the majority of convenience features expected for this class of car. Highlights included automatic climate control, power windows and mirrors, keyless entry, cruise control, a CD player and a moonroof. A smooth-revving four-cylinder was standard, and it came mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automatic. The base RSX initially produced 160 horsepower, but new SAE horsepower ratings in 2006 changed the number to 155. Leather seating was the only option."
same engine bro.
are you trying to purchase one btw? why not just get a type S ?

nigori

Yeah I'm looking to buy....I would be very happy with a type S but I'm having trouble finding with low enough miles without being more than $2000 more in asking price than the basen(even a 2003 type S vs a 2006). But I continue to keep my eyes peeled.

That's cool that it's the same engine...so it's just rated differently or tuned differently? Just curious.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
so it's just rated differently or tuned differently? Just curious.
For the 2006 model year, the Society of Automotive Engineers revised the way horsepower for cars is calculated. This revision leads to the number being more accurate. The 05 and 06 have the same engine, the '06 just follows the new procedure for rating a cars power output.

zenkiDC5

For the 2006 model year, the Society of Automotive Engineers revised the way horsepower for cars is calculated. This revision leads to the number being more accurate. The 05 and 06 have the same engine, the '06 just follows the new procedure for rating a cars power output.
troof.