@243k

RS01

My son's 90 Integra RS was driven into the ground by the previous owners and we have been taking it back, step by step. As some of you know, our first issue was a blown head gasket and I had a friend re-work the head and re-installed it. It ran very well but burned a lot of oil. Changing to 15-40W helped reduce the oil consumption but it was a band-ad.

Good thing I had a nice engine with only 113K on it available.

So, we are in the middle of the swap. The clutch and plate looked good but the throwout bearing was dry and rattled. A new clutch assembly will be installed along with dressing up the flywheel. The big surprise was finding that both, front and rear motor mounts were toast. The front in particular was totally gone. Guess that explains the throttle induced vibration at speed.

We will also be replacing all the o-rings for the AC, replacing the drier and flushing the system before be pull a vacuum.

I'm leaving a lot out so don't thing we are not replacing this and that as we go. The thing that is really cool is that even after all this work, my son says this car is way better then if he had got a Pontiac Grand Prix instead of the Acura.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
It's cool your son has that mind set. Working on his car with you gives him great experience and know how. I wish my dad knew cars so I could do the same. I honestly couldn't have gotten a better first car than my '91 LS.

RS01

The fact that it is has a stick is huge with him and he is a diehard racer on the GT video games (is very good to IMHO) so he has an appreciation of what is a good car. It is a little fun to hear him talk about his friends and their cars since most of them can't even change the oil. :(

He keeps talking about getting a turbo for it which does concern me a little. :shock:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
We had a Gsr that was around 300k daily driven And raced. Won like 3 events before it was stolen the same night it won its last event.
If your son wants to race, I would recommend karting. Simulation games are great, but the feel of driving to the limit is different when you can feel the g force. I know a few people that track really well that do poorly at sim games. Lol. One being my ol lady

RS01

Our problem is where we are located. It's a couple hours to any place that has a area where we can do that. He has some of his old man in him, he can see the line and knows what to do on asphalt. I've been trying to show him what the dirt is like but not in the Acura. Now, if we only had a WRX.