5 Speed Swap Completed Couple Questions

97tegkid

Alright so basically I finished my 5 speed swap today.

Just a break down of things I did.
5 Speed Conversion
Still running auto ecu
Installed Dc Header and cat back exhaust
Extended 1 wire 02 sensor

After my trans died Monday night the car for some reason keeps having a dead battery so idk if somethings on or what but I will figure that out

But because of this my first problem:
Charging battery with battery charger on 50 Amps next thing I noticed the alternator was smoking badly,i quickly unhooked the charger and sprayed the alternator but of course it was to late battery light is on.
Did the charger do this or something I caused?

2nd the car now has a idling issue, idk if its because im running the auto ecu, or if messing with the o2 sensor did something. I extended the wire because of the header. but it bounces from about 1000 to 1500 never goes down to 750. Never had this problem before swap.

Thanks ahead of time guys other then those 2 things 5 speed swap wasn't to bad hardest part was pedals.

Ryan659

This place is slow on weekends. Especially Friday night. You'll prob get an answer tomorrow or Sunday.

97tegkid

Its a 1 wire o2 sensor I just cut it and added a piece at the length I needed. Im not electrical guy so I have no idea on understanding that part of it.
I did just read through that though and I did use aluminum wire it was what I had laying around im gonna switch that today and see if it helps or hurts

Last edited:

97tegkid

Si I believe I figured out my idling. Pretty sure it has to do with the o2 sensor. When its plugged in the car idles between 1000 - 1500 when I unplug it after a min or two it idles fine at 1500 I still need to turn it down though.

If anyone has any ideas on the alternator frying lmk

97tegkid

Does that mean I need a new 02 sensor? or what would that mean?