89 teggy ls engine problems

chico

ok so since i been on the last time i decided to make my 89 ls teggy a dd for know so i been using it for work and back. well i never had no issues with my car changed the oil/tune up as needed and drove it from wa state to cali no probles to the coast and the destert. no over heating nothing just a little oil burn. i have power and its a fun little car i do dream to put a turbo on it soon but i do have one problem. just the other day out of the blue while i was driving along at 65mph, my check engine light came on and then out of no where my car started to jerk i was a31-3200 rpm. i let off the gas and it was fine, but as soon as i step on it agian its like i am hitting a rev limter at 3100 rpm. it also hits 3100 in N and still seeems to bogging down car is starting to over heat when in N some say its my cat, dam does it get hot. i can fill it inside. some say its a vac leak and some say its my tps. every thing else is fine i can drive it but what the hell is the fun if i cant scream at 4500/5500 rmp. cant seem to find a code reader and cali dont do obd1 for free any more i do need some help i miss my teggy and to behonest its been the best car i have had/ i need some help thanks

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Well you listed everything that I would check. So check for any vac leaks and try getting a new tps and cleaning the intake manifold up a little. See if that works. Also, your car isn't obd 1 if it is an 89, so nobody like autozone or napa could read it anyway.

chico

SO HOW DO I CHECK FOR A VAC LEAK AND THEN I WAS ASKED IF tl;dr version? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. AND ALSO IF THERE WAS A TSP ISSUE WHAT WOULD BE THE SYMPTOMS AND HOW D I RESET THE COMPUTER. ALSO. I REMOVED THE CAT AND IT STILL RUNS JUST THE SAME IT IS HITTING 3100 RPM LIKE A REV LIMTER AND THEN I TOOK THE O2 SENSOR OFF AND IT WAS BLACK BUT IT IS STILL RUNNING THE SAME, WHAT KIND OF CODE READER DO I NEED AND ASLO DO DOES THE ZC MOTOR OPTION WORTH THE REPLACEMENT AND WHAT YEAR AND MODEL DOES THAT BLOCK COME OFF OF. THANKS FAM