90 psi of oil pressure

jigsaw351

JIGSAW351
Had oil pressure tested today and its sitting at 50 lbs at idle and 90 lbs at 3000 rpm. They said its only supposed to b at 50 lbs at 3000 rpm and there's a clog some where inside the motor. Thoughts please ??????????

jigsaw351

JIGSAW351
Prolly ran for about 10-15 min before they looked at it. Closer to if not fully warmed up then not. It's about 45 degrees today

mirrorimg

10-15 minutes isnt very long to let a motor warm up fully, which may have been the cause of the higher readings. I will watch my gauge tomorrow morning and scope out what it says around that time span, but by then I am on the highway and have driven (cruising about 2-3k RPMs) for a bit.

The motor should sit at about 15 psi at idle, and should be 50 psi or higher at 3000 RPMs or so, for a B18A1 or B18B1.

Has your engine ever seen any work on the inside of it? Maybe a bottom end rebuild? Tighter clearances at the bearings would create higher oil pressures, or it could simple be that their gauge was off.

Zachattack90rs

Everyone I talked to about this its all different...

I have oil psi gauge that's mounted.. When I am warmed up completely and idle its 20 psi. Also when I am at 3k
rpms its at 60 psi... When I am ragging on mine I have never gotten my gauge over 80 psi and dont plan to. I had an auto gs sedan that was running about the same.

My motor is 164,xxx miles all stock except for k & n drop in filter. I typically run penzoil synthetic...

hope that helped.

jigsaw351

JIGSAW351
Thanks. I'll take all the information I can get. It looks like I have a leak in the oil pan gasket so I plan on doing another full oil change with a flush additive and run 10w30 valvoline max life. I had 5w30 n it and my buddy suggested tht might b a little thin givin the miles I've got and hope for the best.