90' Teg Stock B18A1 Doesn't Crank - Advice?

818DA90

Banned
-Car Completely Stock
-No issues other than minor coolant leaks from hoses.
-Battery is fine
-Fuel Pump Primes

Anyways, I went to start my car at a friend's house tonight and when I turned the key to crank it, nothing. Not even a click. All normal dash lights were on, radio worked, heard the fuel pump prime, lights worked, etc. Tried fiddling with it trying to find a sweet spot in the ignition, nothing worked.

I didn't have enough time to really inspect my car in the dark and was tired so just towed it back to my house with AAA.

My car has been working fine since I got it last January. Only twice did this happen to me before but all I had to do was play with the ignition and it started after about two tries. Other than that, my starter has worked fine, cranked at normal speed, and never struggled or made strange noises.

Anybody know what this could be? I even tried having my friend tap the starter with a stick while I attempted to crank it.

Starter solenoid? Fuse? Ignition switch/problem? Starter? I can't take it to a mechanic, nor can I afford one, nor do I trust them, so I'm going to have to figure this out myself.

Thanks!

Murphy

Meat Master
Easiest thing to start off with is to test your battery and see if it has enough cranking amps. Then check the fuses, and then the starter.

It might just be a bad battery, this has happened to me twice before and it was just a bad battery. One of the these times this was a surprise, Autozone tested my battery said it was good, brought it to Acura they said the battery was bad and put it a new one, cranked right up.

Last edited:

818DA90

Banned
Easiest thing to start off with is to test your battery and see if it has enough cranking amps. Then check the fuses, and then the starter.

It might just be a bad battery, this has happened to me twice before and it was just a bad battery. One of the these times this was a surprise, Autozone tested my battery said it was good, brought it to Acura they said the battery was bad and put it a new one, cranked right up.
I'll have it tested tomorrow but I highly doubt it's the battery. Battery was purchased from Costco in 2011, I never left my lights on, ran any power without the engine on, etc. Car cranked normally before this happened.

THE STIG

THE STIG
I had this exact problem last night. Question is, is it a no crank no start? Because thats what was going on with my 91 teg. First i thought battery, but no headlights still strong all other electrics worked. I watched EricTheCarGuy and i swear anytime i've had a problem i watched one of his videos and fixed it right away. I checked all my fuses in engine bay and in the car, nothing wrong. Tapped on the starter a little bit and it started right up. Check EricTheCarGuy his videos ALWAYS help me

RS01

I also would check the battery and look for black corrosion on the terminals. Ours does that "no crank" but everything works to. Ours has a 5 speed so it can be easily bump started. You can shut it off after bumping it and it fires right up every time.

All_motor_chase

have the same problem with mine. wont crank for sh** but when it is push started it drives great. have you tried puch starting it to see if it works? im checking my NSS tomorrow. i have heard a lot of 91's have a problem with that. or check the little wire on the starter. make sure it is getting a good connection. hope you get it fixed man