92 b18b problem

eoracing

when the car is running, i give it a little gas and it will idle erratically. i think it's a vaccum leak but wondering if there is a sensor i'm not aware of because my check engine trouble code is saying i have a bad iac valve. looking for some advice please. thanks everyone

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
check the wiring to the iac valve and check the unit it'self to make sure the bolts that hold it in didn't un tq themselves and create a gap for air to leak out . it's on the back of the intake manifold and it's bolted in by 2 12mm head size bolts I believe.

DumaDa9

if the iacv is dirty or not functioning properly it will cause the idle to be like that, check the wiring to it and then take it off and inspect/clean it and re install. If you still have the same problem buy a new one

check the wiring to the iac valve and check the unit it'self to make sure the bolts that hold it in didn't un tq themselves and create a gap for air to leak out . it's on the back of the intake manifold and it's bolted in by 2 12mm head size bolts I believe.
if the iacv is dirty or not functioning properly it will cause the idle to be like that, check the wiring to it and then take it off and inspect/clean it and re install. If you still have the same problem buy a new one
I'm with you two on this one, it sounds like a problem with the IAC valve.

Hacksterbaby

Here's a helpful post:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1174

When I did mine, I didn't disconnect the hoses to take it completely out. Just remove the mounting bolts and you should have enough slack in the hoses to lift/tilt it enough to hose it down good with TB cleaner, and scrub the screen real good with an old toothbrush. I'll bet you find the screen to be at least 50% clogged. Once it's clean, go ahead and clean your throttle body while you're waiting for the IACV to dry. And don't forget to replace the connector once you've bolted it back in. Good luck...

Last edited: