92 DA with b16a starts but does not stay on

melo112

I need some help guys I have a 92 Teggy with a b16a converted to obd1it starts but does not stay on. It starts right up no problem revs to 1200 - 1500 rpms starts to drop to idle and once it hits about 800 rpms it boggs completely out and turns off. Almost sounds like vacuum. If i start it up run as fast as I can to the air intake and cover it with my hand it stays on longer but as soon as i let it go it turns off. I am not sure whats going on any suggestion will be helpfull please lmk what you guys think thanks in advance.

Alvi84

Check the map sensor. When I received my B18C SiR-G from HMotorsOnline my teg started right up after the swap but would start to idle low and then die. I replaced the map sensor and that did the trick. I had some obvious signs though like gas coming out through the exhaust I was running so rich.

melo112

i have no gas coming from the exhaust but i am running rich cause when it does start and die i go to the engine and i could smell major gas. I will try that cause i am using the on that came with the da shell when i bought it should i be using a certain map tho?

melo112

put a new map sensor in and still the same issue

melo112

i do have cel's for map which is brand new tps which is brand new intake air temp sensor and o2 sensor

jdean41

get a completely stock b16 ecu and c what it does. You would be amazed as to what an ecu will do.

melo112

did it same issue i have the stock ecu p30 i put it in and nothing same thing happens any thing else