92 GS w/B16a and passing California smog

THE WITCH KING.

So I just recently moved to California and from what I've read my car isn't going to pass California Smog. I have a B16a from an SiR and a chipped P28.

So I'm pretty much f***ed, right? I don't really have enough money to put into the intake to make it all US spec. I've also read about a skunk2 IM that will help somehow?

I'm just looking for information, so if anyone knows anything about this please help! I have a WA license w/ OR plates living in CA. Kind of a f***ed situation.

Cripton805

I think to register a car in CA all you do is smog. I'm not sure about an Inspection. Call them...

Anyway. If it's OBD1 or 2 you might be able to pass smog with a USDM Del Sol ECU and CAT. You will have a check engine though due to the sensors.
Most small ghetto shops only care about the smog and not check engine.

You will not be able to BAR that engine in CA

(only do Pre-Test, You don't want to be gross-polluter, Trust me)

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i wouldnt thats daft, i would rather drive to oregon and smog my car if it was an oregon car...actually i can since i can establish residency there

THE WITCH KING.

I don't really have a way to establish as an oregon resident. And I'm going to be here for a while and I don't wanna be sketchy and drive around with or plates. I live in a small town loll. Cops are gonna be noticing me pretty soon here.

And thanks Cripton. Its obd1 so I'll try it out. If not I'm gonna try to jsut find a shop thats little and shitty that will just take a bribe or something. I didn't pass WA smog, but I just barely failed.