'92 GS won't start

Aedylon

While rolling down the road one fine evening, I noticed my engine started to flutter, as if it wasn't getting enough fuel, like I was about to kill it. Everything seemed fine after this passed, until I went a bit further, and it happened again, but worse, and the engine completely cut out all together, losing revs rapidly.

I immediately tried to start the engine again, to no avail. Thus, I had to park it in a parking lot until I was able to get it towed home.

When I crank it, the starter sounds strong as hell, but it the engine won't fire up.

I've replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump relay. The fuel pump works, I can hear the suction in the tank through my fill port.

Anyone have any idea what the deal may be? I'd love to figure it out myself, but I'm a bit pressed for time and I need it running pronto.

heritage36

Did you check for spark and check the timing yet? If it is getting fuel, those would be the next things I would check

Aedylon

I'm thinking it's the distributor now. But I can't get the damn rotor off of it to replace.

Aedylon

Okay, rotor's off. The post is covered in what looks like a red dust.

I'm assuming this is bad.