94-97 carbon fiber front lip install?

laelowimports

I know the DIY has been posted hundreds of times, but I've looked at a lot of them and haven't seen anyone with this problem I'm having. I'm a civic man that just got my first teg about a month ago and I've been piecing parts together ever since. I Just got the lip used from someone so I don't know a lot about it, but here's the deal:

My front bumper has a black extension on it that gets thicker the closer it gets to the wheel as pictured below.

The carbon lip has a ledge with another "mounting lip" on it for attaching to the front bumper. However, the "mounting lip" extends most of the length on the carbon lip and evenly accross as pictured below:

Maybe I'm a retard or something but is there something I'm missing or do I need to cut the front bumper or lip to make it for? Any help is greatly appreciated everyone. Thank you in advance.

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
^^^haha of course man. That is a sick lip though but it does look lil bit longer. Did the seller specify?

laelowimports

No seller did not specify. I was starting to think it was for a 98-01. Are there any other options as to getting this installed? Anything that does not involve putting the front bumper? I guess I could always pads the mount on the list to make it fit to the bumper.

If not trust me I will be posting it for sale or looking for a 98-01 front end.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
No seller did not specify. I was starting to think it was for a 98-01. Are there any other options as to getting this installed? Anything that does not involve putting the front bumper? I guess I could always pads the mount on the list to make it fit to the bumper.

If not trust me I will be posting it for sale or looking for a 98-01 front end.
Just sell it to me :thumbs up :lol:
^^^haha of course man. That is a sick lip though but it does look lil bit longer. Did the seller specify?
Your siggy looks good, dude!!

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
OG doesn't need it just sell it to me. Haha nah i got a 96 so that wouldn't work
I would say just sell it and use the money to get yourself a nice polyutherane lip that fits :D
Your siggy looks good, dude!!
Haha thanks man, just whipped it up real quick nothin too fancy. Ima make a better one when I get some good pics and more time

laelowimports

After a trip to the hardware store and a bunch of sweating, I got it to fit. I must says it looks pretty good.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

XjoEnX

I don't think it's the wrong application, your pics just made it look that way because they're all up close shots.

But it looks good, you pulled it off nicely. Great job!

XjoEnX

Just noticed the mesh. It does look off. It might look better without it. OP how do you like it?

laelowimports

I like it a lot. Its a real tight fit. 10x more aggressive than the OEM front. Mesh pulled by the way. Thanks for the heads up.