95 acura Stock radio swap

jtalon

how do i swap the stock radio out
what are the dimensions of the radio (if anyone knows thatll help alot because i still need to get the replacement radio)
and do i need a mount for it my friends older brother told me i will but id rather not buy it unless i know for sure cause im a little tight with my budget right now.

jtalon

thanks again jcrabb, and theres no walmart near me :(

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
im sure any electronic store would have some.

over here, theres automotive stereo and window tinting stores. try looking for those as well.

make sure you pick up a wire harness for the install as well. its the harness that connects the aftermarker stereo to the harness of the car.

atomic_peach

^ Bahaha!!!

As for the radio install, check out crutchfield.com. They have great deals, the brackets comes free, and they have installation instructions and help. Their free guides are also great to look at.

dbryder

wait what? i don't get it...

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!?!?
hahahahh i was thinking the exact same thing. i bought my girl a boss double din on walmart.com and bought the installation kit on amazon.com for $10, it came in after five days i think. you could do that for an alternative to a travel to walmart. you could just use the tray that came with the original stereo. i did that for my 98. it was attached by screw, so you can attach it to another headunit