97 acura integra gsr.... Help

Kt18777

I have a 97 integra gsr with a b18c1 engine in it. It is a hard engine to find, and I was wondering what other engine I could use to bolt up and wire fine in my car? Will any b series engine work in my car?

Evul9

I have a 97 integra gsr with a b18c1 engine in it. It is a hard engine to find, and I was wondering what other engine I could use to bolt up and wire fine in my car? Will any b series engine work in my car?
All gsr's come with a b18c1 in N.America... Why would you want to put a different engine in it? The only engine that will require no modification would be another c1. With some mods a b18c5 (type-r) or the less powerful b18b1 (ls non vtec) Is the engine in there now not running? You can make any b series work... But it can cost $$. What's the reason for wanting to change it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
itr motor is the only motor that is an upgrade that will be a direct swap. I would switch harnesses though. GSR sensors are in a weird place.

Evul9

itr motor is the only motor that is an upgrade that will be a direct swap. I would switch harnesses though. GSR sensors are in a weird place.
Wouldn't you want the itr ecu also?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Because the op wants to know what swaps are avalible...? Or he what's more power...?

Evul9

Would be useful to know what the op wants....