99 Integra LS help

Manning18

Recently purchased a 99 Integra LS as a project car. It seems to run fairly well so far but I do have a few questions to anyone willing to help. For starters when the car is idling it starts off at about 1000rmp and after its heated up pretty well it drops down to around 300-500rmp. Is this a good or bad thing? Secondly while it is running it sounds good, no knocks or rattling or anything, but when I cut my a/c on it starts to rattle pretty bad and I believe it is coming from the a/c. Is my a/c compressor going out or is it something different? Thanks in advanced for any help and I would love to talk to someone about modifications that I can do to it as well.

Noneed2Hate

IIRC the car starts to idle/run roughly when the AC is on due to the car drawing more power to accommodate that extra feature turned on, which will cause it to run a little roughly.

I get the same issue when my AC is on, or when I roll up/down my windows.

Manning18

I think my a/c compressor is just loose because all it does is rattle. like theres a bolt inside it or something. but ill definitely check into raising the idle, any advice on how to do that?

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Unplug the IACV and adjust the idle screw so the idle rpm is around 750 then plug back in the IACV.

I think the b18b1 idle is specd at 750rpms, should be a label under your hood

Manning18

Thanks guys! So ive been doin some research at it seems that smaller, lighter wheels are better. Especially if im gonna drop it. I have 195/50R15 now but thinking about maybe a 195/45R14?? Is it gonna be worth it or just make it ride worse?

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Thanks guys! So ive been doin some research at it seems that smaller, lighter wheels are better. Especially if im gonna drop it. I have 195/50R15 now but thinking about maybe a 195/45R14?? Is it gonna be worth it or just make it ride worse?
It all counts on what wheels