a/c not working right, help

moses integra

when im in the car no a/c. i make sure the fresh air mode is'nt on and the compressors on, i switch the button back and forth still nothing. when the cars in accessories and the a/c is on i can hear the fans running but still no a/c coming threw the vents! i checked all the fuses on the drivers side too! what could it be? i need a/c living in Florida's hot climate!! thanks

Prozon

Kris
Just to clear things up, are you saying the fan doesn't blow at all, or it doesn't blow cold air?
If it's not blowing cold air your A/C system might be dry and you need to have it charged at a local shop. (Filled up with the freon-type stuff.)

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
I had a problem with my A/C relay on my accord. I don't know off the top of my head where it is on the teg though. Fr those who don't know, the A/C relay is the little black box that actually engages the A/C clutch when you hit the switch. The haynes manual *should*. hopefully, show you where it is.

good luck

moses integra

the a/c doesnt blow any air out of the vents and when it did work 2 days ago it blew cold air since i just had it charged last month

Prozon

Kris
x2. If the A/C isn't blowing the heater won't be blowing either right?
Fuses? Blower motor. My best guess.

moses integra

but the blower motor would be out if its only on one speed but its not on any speed and what fuse? i checked all the ones under my dashboard

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
There is a blower motor fuse under the dash, 20 or 30A probably. If not there then under the hood, passenger side with the other relays. If everything is fine then it may be the blower. Every motor will burn up one day.

The easiest way to see is the check for continuity between the positive and negative sides. Gain access to the motor itself, I have never had to so I'm sorry I can't say how, and ensure that you have proper voltage at the leads with the car off. Then, check for continuity between the two leads of the motor. If you do not have continuity then the motor is toast.

Once again, I have never had to deal with a blown motor so I am not completely familiar with how to get to it so cehck the forum or maybe someone else can comment on that.

good luck