ACT 6 Puck unsprung Clutch

OKNOE.

anyone have any experience with this clutch?

i wanna get some input before going out and buying a new DA with this clutch installed...
im planning on using it for a daily driver, but hear that this clutch KILLS tranny's

the clutch seemed alright when i test drove it, just different then my usual stage 2
...but at the same time, i need something reliable.
not something i would have to replace after 20k miles.

if anyone can drop some knowledge on this subject it would be greatly appreciated...

unholymaker

i used to drive with a 6 puck unsprung clutch on a h22 civic... everyday! I even learned on it (probably the worst idea ever, but now i can drive anything). it takes some getting used to, but i drovei t for a good 10000 miles myself without any major problems and the disc was in alright shape when i took it off (i got another one the first one was so nice) never had a problem slipping no matter how much i revved it was with a stock flywheel and hydro trans.

OKNOE.

its running on a b16a
with b18a tranny

nothing too special, and thats why im concerned.
wouldnt the clutch be too harsh on the tranny/engine?

Just get an OEM replacement(Exedy stg. 1) clutch and a lightened flywheel.

unholymaker

unless your planning on putting a turbo or some major na mods... its overkill. listen to him and get a lightened flywheel and a stage one clutch (most clutch websites have ratings for their stages like stage 1 is 20% over oem blah blah blah, listen to that!)

yeah unsprung is WAY HARSHER then u need.. Hell on my RX7 (about 400 WHEEL hp) I am using a 6 puk sprung hub.. Stock or stage 1 clutch kit with lightweight flywheel FTMFW!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
There's no need for an unsprung hub.. They are there to dampen out torsional vibrations that can be transmitted through the driveline. That is not the factor that makes the clutch a pain in the ass to drive, those factors are in the pressure plate, friction material and most of all, whether or not it has a marcel spring.

DumaDa9

daily driving with an unsprung clutch can cause premature wear on the entire drivetrain, unsprung clutches are usually meant for HIGH powered cars and track queens

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
that clutch sucks for daily its an on off switch for your car and you can barely ride the clutch its go or not go