automatic-manual

92GSRbholtz

Would you wire vtec different if the b18c1 was automaic converted to manual or would it be the same as if it was 5spd already

mirrorimg

Pretty sure you would need to source a JDM Auto GSR ECU.

Wait, are you saying the car is manual? If so, then no it isnt any different than doing it on a factory manual car.

j13

Keep It Clean
Yo Freak Nasty...you have some trick questions bro lmao

Ok if you were to drop a C1 in a automatic car converted to manual...you'll need the GSR ECU and everything for the VTEC for the engine.

You can convert to 5spd and swap the C1 in one day, if you have all the parts and tools. 10hrs max

92GSRbholtz

Aight here is what I did. I had 92 ls manual I bought 94 automatic jdm gsr and 5spd tranny seperate. When they did the swap vtec wouldn't crack. So then they tell me its the ecu so I bought hondata. Before it arrived I bent the valves. So I decided too get the head built. So I've finally got car back now and no vtec wtf. They put different vtec assembly still nothing. So my question is would the vtec wiring be difrent then a motor that was a manual from the jump

You do not have a B18C1. If it is from Japan and was paired to an auto trans you have a B18C. There were no numbers in JDM engine codes, and no USDM Auto GSRs. (Just a side note)
Have you checked all the sensors? Maybe your Vtec solenoid is bad, or the switch.
Also, you wont have the secondary butterflies operational unless you run a p72 ECU.

mirrorimg

Paden, he actually said he got a 5 speed in the second post.

Did they hook up the VTEC wire from the motor to the ECU? Your LS wiring harness does not have the signal wire, it needs to be ran independently.

92GSRbholtz

The signal wire is ran. Could it not be getting enough oil pressure to not let it engage. And how would I check that

mirrorimg

I dont think the JDM motor has a knock sensor, so VTEC would not engage because of that.

I honestly dont have any experience with VTEC motors, so I just speak from what I have seen/read.