B18A1 350 to 400 HP

Roger91GSR

This is my first Integra and I absolutely have a ball driving it! It has supposedly had the engine rebuilt according to previous owner. I have replaced many suspension parts and recently removed A/C system and installed 1/2 radiator for future turbo install. My question is on getting around 350 to 400 HP without losing the ability to drive it alot. I want to do this the correct way, meaning having the motor work done to create the HP and handle it and not just relying on turbo alone. I am not looking to build the fastest car around, just want to have fun smoking cars who don't expect it from a little car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Roger91GSR

No, I will be having it done by a professional. I can do most repairs to any vehicle but have only built 2-stroke engines for racing ATV's.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just take it to the builder and tell them what you want. The builder should also know how to tune.

Roger91GSR

I have been reading on these forums and everyone talks about changing heads, changing motors, etc. Is the 350 to 400 HP safe and dependable on the B18A1(after having the engine build done)? Also, is the factory transmission better to build or should I be looking for a different one to put in?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would get a new transmission and stuff. Youre pushing your luck if you want 350-400 on a b18A. I would get a B18C1 motor and boost it.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So in a nut shell:
Sleeved block,
forged pistons and rods
lots of machine work
professional blueprint and assembly
all new OEM parts
name brand turbo parts
tuning platform
upgraded fuel system
lots of gauges