B18a1 death, needs resurrection!!!!

integraowner76

Hey guys this my first post on this site and I can use all the help I can get, and I would appreciate all of it!
Okokok so my 1991 integra gs just blew her b18a1 :( and I need help on a new engine swap! I've heatd that a k24 is a nice swap as I heard its an I-vtec and it bolts right in with a mount kit. Also the b18c1 gsr is good and the itr engines are brilliant but what I really want info on is the k24 and the power specs and the pros and cons.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Hey guys this my first post on this site and I can use all the help I can get, and I would appreciate all of it!
Okokok so my 1991 integra gs just blew her b18a1 :( and I need help on a new engine swap! I've heatd that a k24 is a nice swap as I heard its an I-vtec and it bolts right in with a mount kit. Also the b18c1 gsr is good and the itr engines are brilliant but what I really want info on is the k24 and the power specs and the pros and cons.
Any K series does not bolt right it. You have to weld in some of mounts that you have to buy and possibly modify your cross member to accommodate a header. Then you have to worry about the K series engine harness and ecu. After tje swap, a tune is also highly recommended. You're talking over $5k for a swap...if you just need a new engine you can replace your B18 or buy a 1st gen B16A which drops right in and it has vtec.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
your best bet is look at a B20, B18c, or ITR... those will drop right in with little modification in the bay. you only u need t change wiring & ecu, etc.

You can google around and get your answers too,.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Any K series does not bolt right it. You have to weld in some of mounts that you have to buy and possibly modify your cross member to accommodate a header. Then you have to worry about the K series engine harness and ecu. After tje swap, a tune is also highly recommended. You're talking over $5k for a swap...if you just need a new engine you can replace your B18 or buy a 1st gen B16A which drops right in and it has vtec.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
the mounts bolt in, buy you need to remove the mounts that exist.