B18A1 Turbo questions

Hkddc

I have a DA with a B18A1 and I'm getting a T25 Garrett turbo.
I'm thinking about running it about 5 psi, stock injectors, and stock ECU. I was wondering if that's a safe amount without a tune so it won't misfire when it gets on boost.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No boost is safe without a tune.
ECU cant fuel postive manifold pressure.
It has no idea what boost is, actually it would cause a CEL.
Plus 5psi from a T25 will make like 10hp anyways.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
No boost is safe without a tune.
ECU cant fuel postive manifold pressure.
It has no idea what boost is, actually it would cause a CEL.
Plus 5psi from a T25 will make like 10hp anyways.
Muck is absolutely right. More importantly, running any kind of boost untuned on an Integra will cause lean and detonation conditions in the motor. An easy way to run that T25 setup safely would be with a set of 370cc fuel injectors and a tune on Crome. A cheapo FMIC would be a good idea too. Building a performance car on a budget is totally fine, but there are some corners you simply can't cut. Tuning is one of them.

Hkddc

I see. Should I swap out the ECU for one I can hook a computer too? Or can I hook a computer to a port on the OBD0 computer?

Hkddc

I'm also just trying to run safe psi until I get the engine rebuilt or a new block.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You can chip an OBD0 Ecu but only TurboEdit supports it (that I know of).
Chipped OBD1 Ecus have more support.

Jeffaj20

Depends where you are located. Most tuner shops have chipped ECU's ready to sell. So probably around $100-$150 depending where you look. There are many forums about this and of how and what all you will need to safely boost your engine.

csoby

Was wondering if a gattett t25 turbo is good and worth spending $80 on the turbo only.