B20 build any good?

Manniesodope

I was thinking of buying a B20 bottom and b18c head and b16b tranny. Do you think this would be a good combination? And are the engines good for turbo? I bought a 3rd gen integra shell. Or should I go with any other engine, I am on a tight budget. Thanks guys!!!

jp_ek4ferio

IMO there a cool engine however they need alot of work. the main problem with getting power is that these are only really made for 7/8k RPM with standard con rods and crankshaft so youd have to get new ones to make real power eagle seems to be a popular choice. you could go and use a B18c conrod and crank but then youd have a B19. but they seem to be good for around 230/240 BHP with the right mods. not sure about turbo however. also i read they need some block work to make vtec work afaik its the pcv thats needs putting into the block.

zack11122

Stop at tight budget. Turbos are costly. You shouldn't get into this if your on a tight budget.

Manniesodope

We'll then what engine is good for my car and for boosting. I definitely want to boost but want to make my car more for circuit and street racing.

Nick_C78

Circuit integras aren't boosted. It creates an oil temperature problem. I suggest getting a stock gsr motor for now. The internals are way stronger than b20 and can handle circuit very well. You can also boost it safely with the right turbo and tuner. Usually you want something small on stock internals like a t25, which is an inexpensive choice to go with as well. A lot of prep goes in to boosting. It isn't just a slap it on and run.

Manniesodope

Thanks guys and I have one last question. Was my choice for getting a integra good for circuit or was a civic a better choice? And what about the ls/vtec are they good for circuit.

Nick_C78

There is almost no difference when choosing integra or civic. The only real difference is weight, but once everything is stripped, the weight difference is very minimal. My integra is in the 2190 pounds range with half a tank of gas and a roll cage. So... lol As for LS vtec, I would stay away from that, because LS blocks aren't as good for sustained high revs.