b20 vtec ?

greengen3

ok guys i need your help because im not sure. i have a 99 teg rs and im putting a b20v with the b16 head what header should i use and i mean out of what should i use 98 gsr, rs , civic si or crv header please help ?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
any of them will work, but a ls( same as rs) would probably work best if you have a stock exhaust

WAR 178

Premium User
aftermarket! All the others are heavy and differ in length, so it boils down to how the rest of your exhaust is set up.
but i agree above with the rs choice if anything being that you have an rs already.

greengen3

ok i got a geady evo cat back and dont have a cat or test pipe yet either a muffler shop did a hack job and ruined my header and cat and the flange for my cat back so going all new and just adding or subtracting a lil bit from the cat back with a new flange

WAR 178

Premium User
and the header choices are the only ones avail to you? or can you scramble up some aftermarket ones?

mirrorimg

Get a header for a 99 LS/RS/GS.

Nothing is changing exhaust wise on your car, so get the exhaust that fits your trim.

greengen3

ok let me clear it up a lil i have a rs that i threw a rod in. i found a b20b super cheap like 500 with a b16 head and the head has all new parts in it all skunk 2 and fresh from the machine shop all i had to do is buy the je pistons i wanted and arp bolts and other stuff so i got maybe 1500 in it total with replacing everything. but the dc header i had on my rs the muffler shop cut the flange off my dc header and the evo catback, to weild a uni cat in place i didnt know he was going to do that... so the only thing im keeping is the cat back and fixing what needs to be fixed on the cat back everything will be new just dont know what header to use and from what car and 4-1 4-2-1 or the tri y pipe ones

greengen3

Get a header for a 99 LS/RS/GS.

Nothing is changing exhaust wise on your car, so get the exhaust that fits your trim.
ok thank thanks for the info i could not remember all what fits at the shop we stoped doing engine stuff so just audio now so all the know how to guys are no longer their

mirrorimg

There are other things that fit (because of the length of the cat), and there is a thread on here as well as other sites that will say what fits. Im just not looking for it.