b20b from 99-00 crv

cripemaster

Anyone out there with a B20b swap from a 99-00 cr-v in a da? I'm really wanting to do this swap since they motor and everything is only like 500 bucks. Please fill me in on any downfalls and plus sides to this motor swap in a da. thanks for the help guys.

H22DB7

BooStEd_DB7
isnt it just a straight drop in? i know your gunna need to change the intake manifold because the crv one is a high rise.. and the motor is pretty torque at low end. i believe the Ls has more hp though..

DagoAcura92

:what:I got a b20b from a 97 cr-v. Sounds like ur getting a b20z, its a higher compression engine. b20b does have low end torque, but loses its breath way early: redline is lower (around 5500 - 6000). I've read to get more top end u need aftermarket throttle body and aftermarket cams. I miss the b18, but I'm stuck for a while with it, maybe I'll do turbo, dunno. :what:

Last edited:

sexystover

i like my b20b. my has a p8r head (one of the rare ones) so it has the same size valves as a vtec head. i love the low end torque and im pretty sure all you have to do is swap all your sensors from the b18 onto the b20 and use your distributor and intake manifold

DumaDa9

i have a 2000 JDM b20b in my car and i love it, switched over the manifold and dizzy and everything works and runs great. I would suggest if you're going to do this though, get a shorter gears trans as well, i have a b16 cable with lsd and it feels great. The redlining thing is incorrect though, the older b20bs redling at about 6300, and the newer (faster) ones redline at like 6800, definitely worth the money