bad start after super storm nemo

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
So where I got hit by the storm, we got like a foot of snow. Yesterday I started my teg just fine, went to work and everything, but then when I got home, snow drift pushed another half foot of snow back on my driveway. So it took a half hour to get my teg up the driveway. This morning, I go to start up my car and it starts up fine, but when I go to put it in drive and hit the gas, the front wheels aren't moving at all. Rev and rev all I want, but still nothing. Finally after about 30 seconds, I hear a knock and the car starts moving. Then I go to stop, and my brakes just sounded god awful, almost as if they were covered in ice or something. Just thought I'd share my lil story on here. Any thoughts as to why the wheels wouldn't turn right away? I wasn't stuck or anything like that, they just wouldn't move.

RS01

Sounds like they were frozen. Not surprising with all that snow and your engine/brakes putting out enough heat to melt the snow. It happens on my F250 sometimes and I have to use 4 low to break free.