Ball Joints?

dc2_524

So, Ive completly replaced upper and lower front suspension bushings, but i still have that feel and sound like my suspension is going to fall off when i drive up drive ways or just uneven pavment... is this due to bad ball joints? or other bushings in the steering area?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Could be your struts going bad. I would check them because they could rattle around of bad.

dc2_524

I dont think its the struts, because my springs are preloaded. and I noticed on my camber kit, the balljoint kinda moved around freely, and didnt have the firm tension.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
It could easily be your balljoints. Jack the front tire up, grab it at the top and bottom, and try to move it. If you have any play, it is a good chance it is your balljoints. Front to back, and it could be your tierod ends.

dc2_524

Ill do some testing, but Im already planning on replacing the ball joints and tie rods... Anyone hear any reviews or know anyone with the Hardrace Super Tie Rod Ends?

mjones73

The shop I worked at years ago strictly used Moog parts and they were good quality. Their outer tie rods ends include grease fittings so you can re-grease them unlike the stock sealed units.

Test them out to make sure they are actually bad, inner tie rods can be a pain to change if you don't have the proper tool for it.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ill do some testing, but Im already planning on replacing the ball joints and tie rods... Anyone hear any reviews or know anyone with the Hardrace Super Tie Rod Ends?
The shop I worked at years ago strictly used Moog parts and they were good quality. Their outer tie rods ends include grease fittings so you can re-grease them unlike the stock sealed units.

Test them out to make sure they are actually bad, inner tie rods can be a pain to change if you don't have the proper tool for it.
I can't speak for the brand you mentioned, but i can vouch for moog. Every vehicle I have cared about has gotten moog tie rod ends...unless I converted it to heim joints :)

yeah definitly check your ball joints, usually they'll make a popping noise when turning the wheel or even going down the road switching lanes it may pop.. id also double check the struts because that could he a possiblity, do you have adjustable coilover on struts? if so take a good look at those sometimes when they adjusted all the way down and your hitting bumps they tend to move around alot depning on how sturdy they are, i had that problem a few months back in another car and ended up swapping back to springs ect.. but yeah you can jack the car up and grab the wheel/tire and see if it feel loose... as well as check the tie rods.

Last edited:

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
It'll suck if your ball joint snaps. Drive another car until you get it fixed. I'm speaking from personal experience.

dc2_524

yeah its gotta be the upper ball joints. def hear popping when i shift lanes or drive over reflectors on the road. also i notice it in harsh breaking. def not my struts with coil overs, cuz i took these from my old civic and never had this problem, cuz the o rings are in between sleeve and strut and springs are preloaded