Blowing Radiator Fan Fuse ??

Sneakyguydavid

So, my radiator fan/ac fan have been fine since i bought my car a year ago. a few days ago i was changing my shocks and bleeding my clutch and then i realized after a while that my climate control didn't work or my fans ( found out my fans don't work thanks to the overheating).

the 7.5 amp fuse under the dash that keeps blowing says:

RR DEF RLY
HEATER MOTOR RLY
COOLING FAN MOTOR RLY

i've tried unplugging only the radiator fan, i've tried unplugging only the ac fan, i changed my fuses under the hood in the fuse box from a car that was guaranteed running. i tried jumping / hot-wiring the fan switch so that the fan turns on with the key and I've even tried putting fuses as high as 25 amps instead of 7.5 amps (which can be dangerous i know) and still the fuse will blow after a few minutes.

i made one trip to a nearby store with a new fuse and by the time i came back out to the car the fuse was blown.

I'm running out of ideas of what it can be, I'm assuming theres some kind of short in the engine bay but my car is hella stock so those wires are hidden behind the abs pump and everything. any ideas anyone, i don't have any special electrical tools but i got a pocket full of fuses , a ton of speaker wire and 2 extra 12v relays for the fuse box. its just getting annoying to have to change my fuse everytime i make a short trip somewhere so my car won't overheat.

literally everything else in the car works except for the climate control and the 2 fans (AC and main radiator fans)

Last edited:

Sneakyguydavid

Tried to run the car with both fans unplugged and the fuse still blew, I also just realized the abs light comes on every time once the fuse blows