Burning Clutch?

STARSCREAM

Hey guys I have a weird issue happening with my DA

First off I have a B18b non Vtec
YS1 cable tranny
and fresh swapped Exedy Stage 1 clutch

I'm having a werid issue with shifting, I guess my cable isn't long enough and won't disengage when the clutch is pushed in, making it hard to throw into first.

the weird thing is, when I put it into first, I let off the break and my car starts moving forward on its own. is this normal?..and arn't I burning my clutch out if the clutch isn't being completly disengaged?..

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
sounds like your clutch isn'y fully engaged.. or disengaged depending on where the pedal is... get the right cable and if you have the right cable make sure it is adjusted correctly.

With the integra cable transmissions the cables all have an adjustment near the transmission that you can twist to tighten or loosen.

FYI if you have the tranny in 1st.. yes your car is going to move with your foot off the break.. it is supposed to do that, HOWEVER if you mean it moves with the clutch pedal depressed fully and it is still moving then the clutch is likely not fully engaged, which will cause you to put additional wear on the clutch and quite possibly burn it out faster.

so that all said.. get the right cable, or adjust the one you have... not sure how to adjust the cable? go see a mechanic... they can do it easily for pretty cheap or at least show you what to do.

STARSCREAM

sounds like your clutch isn'y fully engaged.. or disengaged depending on where the pedal is... get the right cable and if you have the right cable make sure it is adjusted correctly.

With the integra cable transmissions the cables all have an adjustment near the transmission that you can twist to tighten or loosen.

FYI if you have the tranny in 1st.. yes your car is going to move with your foot off the break.. it is supposed to do that, HOWEVER if you mean it moves with the clutch pedal depressed fully and it is still moving then the clutch is likely not fully engaged, which will cause you to put additional wear on the clutch and quite possibly burn it out faster.

so that all said.. get the right cable, or adjust the one you have... not sure how to adjust the cable? go see a mechanic... they can do it easily for pretty cheap or at least show you what to do.
I pulled a OEM (or I assumed it was OEM) off another junk DA at the junkyard and its near the bottom of the threads on the adjustment part and still giving me issues. so I might try to get an autozone one cause I now for a fact that they are a few inches shorter than OEM.

but yeah its moving with the pedal fully depressed, no break pedal, on flat ground, and even moves forward on slight uphill.

STARSCREAM

definitely swap out that junk cable for a new one.

check fleabay for an OEM hona/acura one. Autozone junk is junk also.. half their parts do not work correctly.

also check Delray acura. they usually have good OEM parts at better prices than local dealerships.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp
Junkyards hardly have any useable cables, yeah I give up on the autozone crap. too many letdowns. and Delray Acura doesn't have the cable, they don't even list it at all,

I'ma try to get to a dealership to see if I could get one. I doubt they'll have one though.

STARSCREAM

I got a price for a cable from Acura of Riverside and theyre charging me 77 to order it.

would it be best to buy this cable (not knowing if it will even work correctly or fit properly) or just try to find a couple cables off a junkyard?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
well I Doubt Acura would get you the wrong part... only way you may have an issue is say if you have a B18A1 LS motor and a different tranny than what came with it.. (believe that is the case since the YS1 was a GSR tranny & B18a LS came with A1 or S1).

regardless I believe that the clutch cable would be the same. Not sure of any differnces between a GSR Tranny and LS tranny in the way they hook up, but it is my understanding they are all pretty much the same in that manner.

Anyways I would say it is safe to say you can trust what the dealer is selling you. At least you know it is the correct part. Maybe call them and explain your setup and see what they say. then get a part number from them and google it. You may find it cheaper on ebay or elsewhere.