Cam seal leak 96 gsr

Yo_marlo

Marlon; 96' GS-R Stock
This is my first time posting, I have a 96 Gsr with a couple of minor leaks. One of the leaks is a cam seal leak. I bought a new cam seal from a local car part store, but it's only the inner seal.

My question: does the outer black plastic/rubber can seal need to be replaced? Or can I instal the new inner cam seal and push the black plastic/rubber outside seal back in position for re use?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Sammich

there is A cam PLUG then there are SOME, as in 2, cam SEALS...where is the leak, post a pic

Leg3nd

Dude, if you can afford the labor, go to acura and have them do it, I just had mine done because my cam plug was warped and was leaking oil everytime I drove my gsr. Went to acura and had them do it, they even put new valve cover gasket kit on too. You cant beat OEM. Cost with parts and labor: $250. This might seem stupid to some, but I baby my mint Integra, and Acura warranties their parts and labor for 3 years!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dlo253

Way late man. But that is rape mode from Acura. That shit don't last forever. My seals do. Billet aluminum. $250 is absurd for one gasket and a couple items that are less than $20. 15 minute job, tops. But if you got the money to blow, more power to ya lol.

Anndrew

The Teg Man
Replace the whole seal. wait until the whole engine is cooled down or has set over night.. Remove the valve cover then the two bolts above the seal lined vertical on the head that cover the very end of the cam, remove those two bolts (may take some muscle) then you may have to pry but do it with something very flat to fit in between where it meets the head, do it carefully.should come off and you will be able to fit your new seal in, dont forget to lightly coat the seal with rtv to prevent premature leaking, then reverse the steps, when torquing the bolts (without a torque wrench) first hand tighten them, then use your wrench to tighten them using only your wrist strength. then for the final torque use a little bit of muscle but not to much and the heating and cooling process will do the rest for you. good luck :)