can i keep my ac if i go turbo

biggie89

i just bought a 2002 Acura rsx i was wondering if i go turbo can i keep my ac and if so what turbo kit should i get i'm new to this thanks guys if you can help

Last edited:

awright3331

G1 TEG
I think you should be able to. Just remember before doing a turbo kit, that you need to upgrade some stuff in your motor first. Picture if you will for one second a balloon, if you pump too much air through it, it will pop. An engine is kind of like that, if you go and immediately put something like a turbo kit designed to force alot of air in at once, it will blow. You need to upgrade your valves, rods, pistons, head, lifters, and bottom end. Theres alot of steps you must take before being able to do that. You cant just jump in to it

TheMyth

It all depends if your(whatever turbo kit you decide on getting) kit makes provisions for it.. which on a RSX, you shouldn't have a manifold issue like integra/civic ppl.
But you can run minimum boost and a good TUNE!!, and not have to worry about internals. Its just when you get use to the power when you need to start investing. Ppl get use to the power and start increasing the boost, and taking the fuel map to another level where it wasn't tuned. That is the problem. Lol I have a friend that is making 400whp with a completely stock gsr engine(no head studs - nothing!), . But he got it tuned right after he put the turbo equipment on!

biggie89

I wanna boost minimum on tune my girl have a auto rsx I just need a Lil kick to it I just wanna no can I just bolt up any Turbo kit and keep my ac

Prozon

Kris
Picture if you will for one second a balloon, if you pump too much air through it, it will pop. An engine is kind of like that, if you go and immediately put something like a turbo kit designed to force alot of air in at once, it will blow.
That's kind of an odd analogy, and not all that accurate.

You need to upgrade your valves, rods, pistons, head, lifters, and bottom end. Theres alot of steps you must take before being able to do that. You cant just jump in to it
It all depends on the power goals.. you don't necessarily need to upgrade all that- if anything depending on your goals.

Personally I don't know a whole lot about turbocharging K20's as far as the power limits go. But you're not asking about power limits, or what needs to be upgraded. To answer your question, yes you can keep A/C if you turbocharge. Your A/C and P/S are dependent on the turbo manifold you choose.

Here is a great website to buy a kit if that is the route you choose.
http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo-kits/honda-acura-k-series-t3-turbo-kit.html

You would of course need fuel upgrades and a tune to go with any turbo kit.

You can read up the ClubIntegra Forced Induction FAQ's if you're curious.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=9553

And a great forum that will tailor more directly to the engine you are trying to boost.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/

Let us know if you have any more questions. :thumbs up