Car acting crazy!!

AWWilson88

AWWilson88
I'm stumped. 2 days ago I put a new battery in, car had died and could not jump my car. Replaced the battery, car worked fine yesterday, until I was on my way to work. It started sputtering, was concerned that I wasn't gonna make it to work. Stopped at car quest had the alternator and battery checked. They were tested good. Was on my way home after work while it was dark, about 200 ft from my driveway car completely died no lights no nothing. Someone stopped and tried to jump me with no success. Towed it home, tinkered with it a lil bit got it to start. Woke up this morning, tried messing with it more. And pretty much this is where I'm at now. When I do run my reader a P1298 code is thrown witch is the ELD over voltage. Any help would be helpful.

UPDATE:
So since then I have bought and replaced my dizzy, cut back my ground/hot wires, got new connectors for them, sanded and moved some grounds to better locations, bought a under hood fuse box... nothing. So to be a little more detailed on what is happening is... car will start, but not run for long. When I connect my OBD2 reader the car runs better. Before I start turning things on my capacitor for my stereo is sitting between 12.3V-12.5V as soon as I start turing on my lights the volts drop to like 9.8. When this happens my tac drops(car is still running), and my thermostat sky rockets(its not any hotter than 2 seconds prior). There is one code that is displayed when I run my reader and it is still the P1298 code. As of right now I am at a total lost to why my car is doing this. Any ideas to what could be the problem? My next thing to try is the ignition solenoid.. what are the thoughts on that?

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
I sort of had the same problem. You said your thermostat jumped but the car really wasn't over heating. Yeah same here. When you turn your key on before you crank is the right side of your speedometer bright and left side kind of dim?

AWWilson88

AWWilson88
I sort of had the same problem. You said your thermostat jumped but the car really wasn't over heating. Yeah same here. When you turn your key on before you crank is the right side of your speedometer bright and left side kind of dim?
Now that you mention it, the left side lights of my speedometer have been going on and off. Some days it will be fully lit and others not. I was just thinking that the bulbs were loose or going out. What ended up being the cause of that?

ALWIZFLYY

Acura Driver
Now that you mention it, the left side lights of my speedometer have been going on and off. Some days it will be fully lit and others not. I was just thinking that the bulbs were loose or going out. What ended up being the cause of that?

Well for me it ended up being a bad ground, check all grounds near the transmission and battery area.