Car won't start, please help!!

FredDyA88

I was driving fine the other day when it just sputtered and died on me, It had done this before and the ICM was the issue so I bought a new one but still no go. I even bought a new ignition coil but it still won't start. It cranks but just won't turn over, not even push starting works. Someone please help, I need my car for work! plus I love my teg!

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Might want to get a tune up, check the fuel system, Check the electrical system. I bet you its something simple. I had a similar incident as yourself and found out the negative battery cable isn't connected to the battery...

emd513

Check the dizzy shaft and make sure u can spin it with ease. Might have spark but not enough to burn the fuel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

TegraTiger

Oy Vey

I had a similar problem, couldn't figure it out. Finally took it to a professional, who discovered the car computer and distributor were both fried, and needed to be changed. Cost set me back a couple centuries, but hey... it's fixed.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
you may want to check that "new" coil... I have had more than 1 be faulty right out of the box... After a couple "new" coils I just replaced my entire distributor...

alsso a tidbit on checking spark with a failing coil... when first turning it over it may seem good n white... but if you keep turning it over for a half minute you might notice the spark slowly die out...

regardless I would suggest pulling the coil and using a multimeter to check resistance between the terminals, or just replace the whole distributor if it is a case of no spark...

also check your fuel pressure you can easily do this by attaching a pressure gauge to the outlet on the filter. should prime to roughly 35-40 PSI as I recall... anything under that tells you either the filter is clogged or the pump is weak.